One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index Listed on SGX On 5 April 2017
One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index is listed by One Asset Management (OneAM) at SGX today. It has been a wait of more than 5 months for another new ETF to be listed after the launch of Phillip SGX APAC Dividend Leaders REIT ETF Index at SGX Singapore.
One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index is the first Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) listing in Singapore by OneAM. OneAM is the Thailand’s largest ETF issuer and leading asset management company. It is also the first ETF to be listed via ASEAN’s Collective Investment Schemes (CIS), the cross-border fund passporting framework that includes Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. The Chief Executive Officer of One Asset Management, Mr. Pote Harinasuta said that this index employs a smart-beta strategy that forms the basis of ASEAN investing going forward.
Quick Glance At One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index
- It covers top 30 companies from 6 ASEAN countries namely : Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore and Indonesia.
- This index is expected to grow at a much higher rate than developed nations over the next few years as the GDP from the above six countries is growing.
- The index shows a net dividend yield higher than STOXX Asia Total Market Index, highlighting that a dividend strategy for ASEAN. This is a better market take as compared to the current slowing BRIC economies.
- It employs a smart-beta strategy to uncover the top 30 companies from six ASEAN countries based on dividend yield, excluding those with low tradability and poor dividend sustainability. Major index weightage are from Singapore (24%), Malaysia (23.5%) and Indonesia (22.7%).
- There is a good level of risk diversification as there is a balanced number of constituents from each country, to avoid any one country dominating the index.
- Keppel Corporation Limited and Sembawang Industries Limited are the two out of the 30 components of this index. They hold a weightage of 3.69% and 3.59% respectively.
- Allocated bank stocks take a higher weightage of 26.5% of the index.
- No REIT component as of now.
Fundamentals of One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index (Dated 28 Feb 2017)
PE Ratio for last year is about 11.1% with annual dividend yield trailing at 4%. It implies there may be some room for further improvement.
Top 10 Components of One STOXX ASEAN Select Dividend 30 Index (Dated 28 Feb 2017)
Disclaimer : Apply your value investing knowledge and do your own due diligence.